Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Gun Review: SAR B6P

Man, despite the fact that I've written very few gun reviews, they're the biggest draws to my sight. So since I've been writing for a year now, I figured it'd be fair to do another.

The Cz-75 is a very popular pistol, both in its original form and in its many copies. While I'd like to review an actual Cz at some point, I don't have one. I do however, have a new copy from Turkey, Imported by EAA but made by Sarsilmaz, these are very nice, low cost, pistols. Initially I wasn't too interested in a 9mm when I went shopping, but for $280 I couldn't turn it down. So let's start the review.

Great tastes go together
The first thing I noticed when picking up the pistol is the weight distribution. It's a polymer frame, so the weight is very...top heavy. The slide doesn't have much in the way of weight saving, which helps with recoil. On the flip side, the slide is a low profile one, and that can make it a bit hard for my hands to get a grip. Not a major issue, but it does deduct a few points in my mind.

The sights are nice and clear, with white dots to aid low light shooting. The sights aren't particularly high or sharp so I wouldn't worry about them snagging on clothes in a CC situation (though the size kinda precludes it from this).

It's a pretty standard, non-ambi control layout. The magazine release is easily reached without having to adjust my hand, as well as the safety. Also a nice beaver tail to prevent hammer bite, though this was never a problem for me to begin with.

As far as function goes, the pistol preforms flawlessly. I've put about 300 rounds through it since purchase without any malfunctions. Accuracy is also acceptable, though not stellar. I can manage a 10rnd group of about 2.5in at 25 yards, though this is with cheap Wolf and Tula ammo. It might improve drastically if I used decent ammo, but in this market I shoot what I can buy.


Recoil is manageable and it should be. It's a full sized pistol in 9mm chambering, it shouldn't be that bad. That said it still points well and comes back on target quickly.


Other than the low profile slide, the only other 'complaint' I have is that I don't know if regular Cz-75 mags will work. I mean, they SHOULD, but I'm not spending that kind of money on mags (again, fuck you panic buyers for ruining the market) that might not work. Oh and the case that the pistol came in is fucking atrocious. The plastic injection feels weird and in mine was broke in several places. Still, that's a minor issue at best.

One last point I feel should mention is the fit and finish on this gun is FAR better than I'd expect for the price. Honestly I would expect this to be a $500-600 gun anywhere else. It's a very lovely gun honestly.