Friday, January 18, 2013

A Special Post on Our Rights

Tomorrow, January 19th 2013, is, for those in America (or abroad and concerned) that do not know, Gun Rights Appreciation Day. I wanted to finish up at least my ideas about reforming the executive branch before veering off course (again) but the current climate simply will not allow it.

I could spend this time talking about how we got to where we are, and why this struggle for gun rights is incredibly important (far more so than most know), but I won't. Instead I would ask that for those that support ALL rights, not just gun rights, contact your elected officials tomorrow. Email, phone call, letters, and if possible arranged meetings, should all be employed to remind the people that we put into office that they ARE accountable for their actions. Their careers depend on us.

I'm going to admit I've been burned out as of late. I'm tired. For those readers who aren't members themselves, in addition to running the greatest website ever made, I'm also an admin at a political message board. And I'm simply tired of dealing with the vast majority of fools that infest every facet of the internet. People who willfully and gleefully ignore facts, reason, and logic. They prefer instead to argue based solely on emotion and feelings, which as anyone who's read GBF before knows, I am firmly against.

So bearing this in mind, that I am tired, that this constant fight weights heavily on me, so much that it makes even my fingers seem burdened by lead, I say we must not give in to the temptation to cloister ourselves and simply attempt to weather this storm as we have in the past. We MUST fight on. The war for our rights, ALL our rights as Americans and as human beings, will not be won by the sunshine soldier and the summer patriot. And more than anything else, this is a fight we must win.

That is all for now. Be sure to contact your reps. I know I will.